The Commissioning Show provided an opportunity for commissioners and providers to scan the horizon for new ideas and solutions on how to fix the failings in your local health and social care systems. Delegates attended the largest annual gathering of health and social care professionals to find out how other areas have already arrived at innovative solutions to problems that continue to hinder delivery of care for patients.
The NHS Benchmarking Network work to improve the quality and safety of patient care, and the value achieved by commissioners and providers. We are delighted with the type of delegates who attend the show, the perfect audience for what we have to offer.
- The Urgent Care project supports evidence based decision making and the implementation of best practice in reducing emergency admissions.
- The Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation project focuses on practices, protocols, tools, local management arrangements, resourcing, medicines optimisation.
- The Planned Care project takes a holistic view of elective care commissioning.
- CCG Functions is a new project for 2017/18 and seeks to examine the use of CSUs, integration between CCGs (e.g. shared management structures) and relationships with social care, as well as more traditional metrics such as staff turnover.
- STP benchmarking: the Network is working to develop existing core project outputs to provide key information at an STP level. Subject to provision of data, new bespoke STP reports for each of the commissioner projects will be made available.
- Whole System Benchmarker: a new user-friendly toolkit is to be developed which will contain the latest available data on local health economies from national sources, benchmarked against other CCG and STP areas.