The NHS Benchmarking Network is pleased to announce that following a successful pilot in 2017, the Outpatients project will be running in 2018. The project will open for data collection, a week earlier than planned, on the 3rd September and registration for the project is open already via the NHS Benchmarking Network members’ area.
The project aims to provide benchmarked analytics on Outpatient departments, by looking at the detailed workings of Outpatient departments within Acute providers only. The project includes profiling of service models, access and availability, activity, workforce, finance and quality. Specific deep-dive areas include: electronic referrals, paper switch off, overdue follow ups, waiting list initiatives, virtual clinics and service structure.
- Data collection: Monday 3rd September 2018 – Friday 9th November 2018
- Validation: December 2018 / January 2019
- Reporting: February 2019
- Event: Thursday 28th February 2019, London
Participating organisations will receive the following:
- Free attendance at the national conference to hear the latest project findings.
- Bespoke report, highlighting your organisation’s position on key metrics.
- A high-level report outlining key messages and metrics for outpatient services nationally.
- An interactive toolkit, allowing you to benchmark your service across hundreds of metrics.
- A good practice compendium of information supplied by members describing the innovative practice they are undertaking in this area.
Registration for the project is open and can be accessed via the NHS Benchmarking Network members’ area. Please login and register your organisations interest to ensure you are kept up to date with all the latest communications from the Network about this year’s project.
If you have any questions, or you need a log in for anyone in your organisation, please contact Chris McAuley or call 0161 266 1698.