The NHS Benchmarking Network is pleased announce the launch of the 2018 Radiology project. Last year, 95 member organisations took part, with coverage across England, Wales, Scotland and the Channel Islands.
Data collection opened on the 23rd April and closes on the 22nd June. Data is collected online, covering areas such as; equipment availability, reporting, examinations and workforce. This year, the project specification has undergone consultation with Radiology leads across the membership, and as such, ensures the project content is kept up to date and of benefit to members of the Network.
Participating organisations will receive access to the following:
- Free attendance at a national conference in September 2018 to hear the latest project findings.
- Two bespoke reports, highlighting your organisation’s position on key metrics (one draft for validation and one final).
- A high-level report outlining key messages and metrics for radiology services nationally.
- An interactive toolkit, allowing you to benchmark your service across hundreds of metrics.
- A good practice compendium of information supplied by members describing the innovative practice they are undertaking in this area.
The NHSBN Radiology project has been running for 6 years and has been developed, in partnership with Trusts for the exclusive purpose of supporting Radiology colleagues by providing useful outputs and events. The Network’s 20-year history has shown that member-led benchmarking will always have a prominent place and we commit to providing you with continued high-quality outputs in 2018.
Collaboration with NHS Improvement
The Network always seeks to work in a collaborative and coordinated manner and we are currently supporting NHS Improvement’s GIRFT initiative for Radiology (and other topics). We have been asked to collaborate by NHSI on their GIRFT project for Imaging. NHSI are aiming to use our 2018 benchmarking collection as the basis of their analysis.
Please contact Ellie Perchard (email@example.com, 0161 266 2113) – Project Coordinator, should you have any queries about the project.