The Theatres project provides the most comprehensive intelligence available on NHS operating theatres delivery and performance. The project covers all aspects of Theatres provision and performance, including analysis of:
- Theatres management
- Equipment and maintenance
- Stock control and costing
- List management
- Theatre utilisation
- Waiting times/ turnaround time
- Audit and accreditation
- Good practice
This project is applicable to all providers of all Theatres services. Subscribing members will receive:
- Access to a benchmarking toolkit, allowing you to benchmark your service across hundreds of metrics
- A bespoke dashboard report outlining key messages and metrics, which compares your local position against nationally reported positions
- A high-level report outlining key messages and metrics for theatre services nationally
- Good practice compendium of information supplied by members describing the innovative practice they are undertaking in this area.
- Attendance at the Theatres event, where the initial findings from the project will be presented, as well as good practice and national speakers
2016/17 benchmarking project
The 2016 project covered 92 submissions across NHS Trusts in England, Health Boards in Wales and Health and Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland. Participants can access an online toolkit, summary report, and, for the first time this year, bespoke reports highlighting participating organisation’s own positions.
2018/19 benchmarking project
The 2018/19 iteration of the Theatres project is collecting 2017/18 data. This project is run on a biennial basis, with the last iteration completed in 2016/17.
For queries about this project, please contact Ellie Perchard.