Community Mental Health Services Audit For England
The NHS Benchmarking Network are working in partnership with NHS England and Health Education England (HEE) to undertake a comprehensive stocktake of community mental health services in England. The project will collect data from commissioners and providers and will request data from all Clinical Commissioning Groups and mental health Trusts in England. This work will help inform national policy, the implementation and further development of England’s mental health workforce strategy following HEE’s publication of Stepping Forward to 2020/21: Mental Health Workforce Plan for England in July, and will also provide key intelligence for use by commissioners, providers, and STPs to support forward planning.
Letters have been issued to all Commissioners and mental health providers requesting involvement in the project, written by Julian Emms, Chief Executive of Berkshire Healthcare and chair of the NHS Benchmarking Network’s Mental Health Reference Group. These are available below.
Project data collection
The project will collect data at the following levels, data specifications will be available for download from the week commencing 9th October.
- Mental Health Trust – core community services and workforce (Trust level)
- Mental Health Trust – additional team level workforce specification (if Trusts choose to make additional CMHT team level data submissions)
- Local Authority – the contribution of social care staff to mental health services
- Eating Disorders – a deep-dive into Eating Disorder services for providers of these services (inpatient and community services)
- CCG commissioned primary and community mental health services – including prescribing, substance misuse, supported housing, and enhanced primary care mental health services
Data submission process and timescales
Each data template contains details of a submission contact to return data to. The deadline for all project data submissions is 30th November 2017.
Following submission of data we will work with each commissioner and provider to validate their data positions. Bespoke analysis reports will be available from early January 2018 onwards. All project participants will receive detailed local reports and benchmarking tools to support further detailed analysis.
If you have any additional information requirements please contact David Barker on email@example.com or call the NHS Benchmarking Network office on 0161 266 1335